Grist to the Mill

12 April, 2005

'BENDY BUS'

Steering a 'bendy London bus' around the Elephant and Castle roundabout is akin to a partially sighted man moving a king size mattress around a narrow staircase.

Other than that I can't think of much to say right now. The pope died. So what? Terri someone-or-other in America died. Shame, but why'd it take so long, really. A general election has been called. I shan't be voting - I can't, for one thing. Frequent moves mean I am dispossessed and not on the electoral roll. Oh, and Charles and Camilla got married. I'm a quiet fan of Charles, so good for them.

There was a boy
A very strange enchanted boy
They say he wandered very far, very far
Over land and sea
A little shy and sad of eye
But very wise was he

And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things
Fools and kings
This he said to me
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return"

This song - made famous by Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, George Benson(!) amongst others - was written by a drop out living rough in the Hollywood Hills, incidentally.

| | |