Grist to the Mill

02 October, 2004

PHIL TUFNELL

He's so cool and funny and, um, attractive. I sat through hours upon hours of "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" because of him. How I laughed when he told the story of how the manager of the English cricket team rebuffed him when he expressed an interest in captaining the side ("I don't think it's your cup of tea, is it son?")/

Every week on 'They Think It's All Over', Jonathan Ross feeds PT cryptic allusions until PT produces the name of a sportsperson. For example, 'shaft of sunlight' (ray), 'back of' (rear), professor ('don'), you get the idea, but anyway, last night Jonathan Ross said, 'the small boy who never grew up' and Phil Tufnell said 'Tom Thumb'. (I fear I am gushing a bit here). In my opinion, this demonstrates completely brilliant lateral thinking. Tom Thumb didn't grow upWARDS because he was three inches tall, but he wasn't ageless. The correct answer, of course, was Peter Pan.

Anyway, Phil Tufnell. There's someone who it'd be fun to be stuck in the jungle (or pub) with. Yeeeaaah.

| | |