Grist to the Mill

28 July, 2004

BRIIII-AN!

I saw him again last night at the Royal Festival Hall. One must have deep pockets to fund repeated visits... this may be the last show for a while now. I was delighted to see Brian looking relaxed and comfortable on stage. He was clearly enjoying the performance. I was *thrilled* to see this. He has obviously taken some good advice and dressed for comfort (a velour "leeesuire suit") and good luck to him. This is the man who singlehandedly wrote, arranged, and produced Pet Sounds at the age of 23. He therefore should (and does) wear whatever he likes.

I had an eyeglass and could clearly see that his expression was more natural and less strained. He kept on smiling, spontaneously, and seemed SO much stronger than, say, one year ago or even six months ago. I think Britain is becoming Brian's second home. London seems to be saying "We'll have you!!!".

I can't wait for SMiLE to come out! It's to be released on September 28th, so not long now. Had it been released in 1967, it would have been as techincally accomplished as Sergeant Pepper.

| | |